Monday, January 16, 2012

Picture Frame Ideas

Lately I have been scavenging for ornate picture frames for a few projects I've been keeping in the back of my mind. Today I'm going to show you one of my projects that I just finished. The inspiration for this came from www.awelldressedhome.com, I love everything about the room makeover Emily did, but this espicailly caught my eye.
I also saw some similar idea in a Country Living magazine (can't remember the issue, I just tore the page out and put it in my idea binder).

http://awelldressedhome.com/before-after-vintage-master-bedroom-make-over/

I was at a thrift store the other day and noticed a huge, plastic, ornate frame. It was a brown rust color and had an ugly grape print in it, but I didn't care. The frame was only $12. I got to work with my A.S.C.P. and some patina metal glaze and had it completely transformed in a matter of hours. A few weeks earlier I had purchased some cork board squares at the thrift store for $2 with just this project in mind. I took some wood glue and glued the cork onto the picture frame backing. When it was dry, I covered it with some material I already had (in Country Living, they cover theirs with wrapping paper), and used the staple gun to secure the fabric. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint colors Duck Egg Blue and Old White. Here is the end result!




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting via Funky Junk and I just have to tell you that I can. not. believe. that this frame is plastic! It looks fantastic- great job! I'm getting very tired of fishing my jewelery out of boxes, so this project is going to be on my horizon. You have a lovely blog here - I sure wish you well!!

    -Jami @ An Oregon Cottage

    ReplyDelete