Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chandeliers!

I have been in the process of redoing my bedroom because it hasn't really had any style... ever. I love the feel of an old world, romantic french bedroom. Who doesn't? I found these pictures on thepapermulberry.blogspot.com and loved the elegant and luxurious feel.





I immediately noticed that these pictures had amazing chandeliers. I am in the stage of my life where spending a couple hundred dollars on a light fixture just isn't wise, so what did I do? I headed to my favorite local thrift store to see what I could find. I bought a cheap brass chandelier for $5. A little white Rustoleum spray paint fixed the cheap brass look in minutes. My next stop was Hobby Lobby for some faux crystals. I first checked the jewelry section and they had some pre-made strands but not enough matching ones and it was a little pricey. I bought a few faux crystals that I knew I wanted to hang solo and headed over to the christmas decor section where I found I huge package of white garland-type beads. These were a great alternative and much cheaper. I got my hot glue gun out and in one evening, I had this for under $20. What do you think?


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

3 comments:

  1. (This is Corinne Barton)I think its beautiful and I think you are so neat and talented for having an eye to see the possibilities. It is so fun to create "trash to treasures". I saw your Mom's comment and link to your blog, and I'm so glad I looked. I'll check back and send people your way if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I really appreciate your kind comments and suppport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corinne, I just got a kind e-mail for an Elizabeth Robbins from Henderson, she says she knows you. What a small world.

    ReplyDelete