Friday, March 8, 2013

Chevron End Table

This week I'm spending my time in Utah at my parent's home. My dad had knee replacement surgery and is in need of much assistance for the next month. Growing up, I begged for a lot of animals like a dog and a horse. Since then, my dad has collected quite a few more- another horse, geese, chickens, and one more dog. Sometimes I feel bad I left him with my horse to take care of for four years while we are living in Vegas. I look for any good excuse to come to Utah and help him take care of all the critters that I love. I always tell my husband how I can't wait until I can move and have a farm of my own. For some reason nothing gives more more energy than being out in the fresh air, caring for all these guys. I kid you not, it is the best medicine for depression or weight loss.


Since I am out of town, I painted an end table last week and held off on showing you. I have had this mid century end table in my home for a long time, but my husband and I never really loved it. It was one of my first pieces and I never really got around to selling it. The blue and white just didn't fit it. I felt like a modern chevron would be a cool twist for this once 'very modern' mid century piece. I am not one for the more modern looks, but I do appreciate a good chevron and try to keep up with all the "trends" of the time.


I used Paris Grey Chalk Paint and Old White Chalk Paint. I hand-painted the chevron on after my husband was kind enough to figure out all the measurements. I chose not to tape off the chevron, I find that no matter how high-quality the tape, I still have a lot of bleed through and end up touching up a ton. I didn't distress this piece or dark wax, I wanted a clean look and finished it off with a clear wax.




Much better.

Jenine

Linking back to...
www.kammyskorner.com

3 comments:

  1. MUCH better. It really looks great! I love how it turned out- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes. One of the coolest chevron pieces I've EVER seen. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your enthusiastic comment, it always makes my day :)

      Delete