Thursday, April 18, 2013

Re purposed Buffet

I've been M.I.A lately due to previous commitments, but I am happy to announce, I 'm back painting furniture full time! So please, if you've been following and have been disappointed, hang in there a bit longer.  Things should get exciting again.

In my last post I showed you a buffet I got for free. It was missing the doors and drawers. I knew I could re purpose it and make it darling. I envisioned it with a shelf and 3 large cute baskets.



I sanded the top and stained it in miniwax ebony.  I painted the rest in Annie Sloan Chalk paint Old white. I loved the carving and added some dark wax just in those areas to really bring the detail out. I painted the inside of the buffet in paris grey chalk paint.




You'll notice for now I have no baskets of shelves to speak of. Right now I am in desperate need of something to hold my books:)


2 comments:

  1. Love it! It looks like it works perfect for you too! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great. I don't think I would ever add shelves or baskets- it is perfect as is. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete