Thursday, December 6, 2012

Numbered Dresser

Here's another piece I finished for the craft fair. I've been wanting to do a numbered dresser for about a year now. I did a old white/duck egg blue wash to give the driftwood appearance. This was a great dresser for it,  the wood grain was dry and deep, the paint just settled into place.

Some of the original hardware was missing and I wanted to go for a rustic feel so I replaced the old with the new rope pulls. Each drawer has been lined with striped wallpaper.

If you would love to give this dresser a home come see me December 14th 6pm at Eva M. Wolfe Elementary School!


Linking back to...


  1. I've been wanting to do a numbered dresser for a long time too. I love the wash you did on this one - looks GREAT!

  2. I think it is interesting that all the drawers have keyed lock. I've never seen than on a dresser before. I like the restyle you did.

    1. It is really interesting, I think that's my favorite thing about this dresser.

  3. What a great dry-brushing job you did!Numbers are pretty too.
    I've been wanting to do that as well,sometimes it's nice not to paitn an entire piece...I just have to find a good piece to work on....
    Yours got the really nice driftwood look, I love it!!

    Have a wonderful holiday season :)